Ready to learn how to compress multiple image files for your website without loosing image quality?
In this video I’m going to show you how to compress your media files in bulk so that they are a good size for loading onto your website.
- Go to riot-optimizer.com/download/ in your web browser and download the latest version of the software.
- Once it’s downloaded you can follow the prompts to install it onto your computer. I’m not going to do this because I already have the program on my computer.
- When it’s done, open the program and it will look like this.
- Click on the ‘Batch’ button so you can import multiple images.
- Open the file location where you have your images that need to be compressed, select the files you want compressed and drag them into the Batch Optimizer software window.
- Make sure you set the file size to 180Kb and resize the width to 1000 pixels.
- Then you can set the output location where you want the compressed files to be saved.
- Then click ‘Start’. the program will do its thing.
- Then you’ll see all the files are now much smaller so you can load them on to your website without any issues.
If you don’t have windows and you want to know how you can do this on a Mac, make sure you take a look at our tutorial for file compression on a Mac which will be made available soon.